I, the signatory, hereby acknowledge and understand the race rules of this race over the rough terrain of the off road trails. In consideration of the acceptance of my entry, I for myself, my executors, heirs, administrators and assigns do hereby release and discharge the Race Organisers, Energy Events, Cape Nature, Sanddriff, the landowners and any and all sponsors, any and all volunteer groups, and all local authorities from all claims for injuries, damage or property loss I may suffer caused by negligence of any of them and arising out of my participation in this event, including pre- and post-race activities.
I am physically fit and sufficiently trained to participate in this endurance event and assume all risks of such participation. I hereby confirm that the details of my running CV is correct and true. I understand the conditions can be extreme.I do not suffer from any heart issues. I specifically direct that should evacuation from the route be required, such rescue service costs incurred, if any, will be for the account of the signatory. I have submitted my Running CV as requested.
Trail pack (7+ Litre recommended)
6 AA batteries for GPS Unit
2 litres of water
Spare pair of shoes for Algeria transition
Fresh running gear for Algeria
Emergency food supply
Tips for race day
1. A good nights rest on the Thursday and Friday nights prior to the event are essential.
2. Practice running at night at least once before the event, it can be tricky.
3. Make sure you have a set race plan. Give yourself goals for each leg to break the distance up into smaller bite sized sections.
4. Nutrition is key. You are out for an extended period, your body needs fuel, make sure to have a sufficient plan to keep those legs going!
5. It’s all in the head. Mind over matter. If you have wrapped your mind around getting through this time and distance, you are 3/4’s of the way there.